» Home « » About « » POTD « » « 

          Posted on Thursday, August 03, 2006

Remembrance

It is the month of hungry GhOoooost festival. In the Chinese tradition, the 7th month in the Chinese calendar is called the Ghost Month (鬼月) and you defintely don't want these souls to mess up with you!

You may notice a lot of chinese preparing ritual offerings on the roadside, pathways or even in front of their house / bus stop. Somehow it may get very irritating when you stepped on the "leftovers". YUCKS! Moreover, hell notes are everywhere and you feel like you're stepping in a land of the dead. MmmmMmmmm....
Perhaps the chinese believe what is it like to have their loved ones (who past away) to have a good life down there or up there. But some offerings are given to the "wild souls" out there. Preety complicated they have this big brother and small brother. "兄弟" as we called in chinese.

This event flash up my memory on my grandpa who passed away last year (around my birthday). Well he is old enough to leave this world but I do miss him, and my mother's side (both grandparents passed away too) as well. When I was a kid, they always gave me an AngPao of RM50 (not much but it's really delighted to have free "salary" during school period) on every chinse new year. I'm grown now and the Ang Pao just faded away like that.

On the funeral day of my grandpa, a lot of ritual stuff are being done. As a catholic, I do respect their culture. By right, I am not allowed to handle jostick. But you know... it's your loved ones and all your family members are buddhism, well, exception allowed for this "special" day. But my uncle (from Baptist church instead, represent flower and deny jostick) No interfere with others religion but to respect both parties and freedom ar... So some of my uncles and auntys *rolled eyes* on my uncle's family and said something teasing. HmmmMmMmm....

The ceremony were complicated with a bit of this and a bit of that. Am quite tiring on that time as we're awake for 48 hrs. I weeped on that morning before the funeral, onguard of his coffin though... I was aspecting "something" that my eyes or even my dreams could see but not my luck on that night. Ever since my grandpa past away, my family members always stroke 4d or toto. NO IDEA!!! My father la.... my uncle la... my mother la.... MY BROTHER LA... my aunty la.... all won some pocke money after 2-3 months. I have NO LUCK on it though...

Well, the following pics might be disturbing for you and if you don't want 2 see, you can close this browser by now. Till then....


.
.
.
.
.
.



We took a lot of photos for this funeral and those photos are for me to trim and designed into video platform to be delivered to China for my grandpa's Other family. He had 2 wives in his life. 1 past away in china, and the present 1 is my grandma. The funeral process and the after 100 days routine are all included. Hope they appreciate and like my trim.

bouquet of flower stands from business people and friends.

"Lim Teh" ceremonial.

Pour the tea on the ground. In chinese religion, this event means respecing the eldar and a fincal cup of tea for him.

Why my cousin, valerie is laughin? Oh dear!

Marching out the funeral hall

A 10-15 mins walk and it's another respect for the dead.

This band costs RM5k

It's darn hot on the sepulcher site. And it is the TeoChew Tomb. A few hectars. Blured the background so it is not really distrubed.

And it's pretty darn to hand the jostick. I still remember I use jostick to play firecrackers.

End of funeral ceremony. Throwing flowers! After the funeral. There's more to go. Just not too post too much of these. I noticed 1 thing, that is relatives who had been far away united in this funeral. And some I didn't even know them they are my so called relative. Oh well...


Oh ya.. the song I am playing now is included in the video I have designed. Name of the song is "Echoes". This song was picked from the NASA website, A tribute to the Columbia team back in 2002 which acidentally blew off on the sky, on the way back to earth. The song is touching and tears, sorrow are felt when you listen.

4 Comments:

  • At Thursday, August 03, 2006 4:55:00 PM, Blogger Selba said…

    Wow, the funeral ceremony of your grandpa was really organized.

    The "Echoes" song is really nice...

     
  • At Thursday, August 03, 2006 6:12:00 PM, Blogger Wayne said…

    yeah.... the song is nice!

    but it is not really organised la... very hetic to have such funeral due 2 humid weather and the !@R#*!@!(@#!()@@! from the taoist.

     
  • At Friday, August 04, 2006 9:27:00 AM, Blogger Selba said…

    Hahaha...

    Oic, so that's taoist funeral, I've never attended one, most of the funerals that I went so far are Christian, Catholic, Buddhis and Islam. The original Buddhis and not really Buddhis (with cai ma - women wearing black, they sing/play firework, burn paper money/ house/dolls, which are quite interesting).

     
  • At Friday, August 04, 2006 10:26:00 AM, Blogger Wayne said…

    O_O interesting? I found it irritating ar. hahaha!

     

Post a Comment

» Home «