» Home « » About « » POTD « » « 

          Posted on Friday, December 22, 2006

Happy Ball Ball - Merry Christmas

Today is Friday! It is the Winter Solstice Day or in chinese, we named it 冬至 (Donz-Zhi). It is a day where family gathered to have a bowl of glutinous rice + pandan soup. MMmmmmm.... In other words, the chinse believes that you'll grow up one year older after having the glutinous rice.

I still remember I was quite silly to have such though of growing older by eating tons of glutinous rice. Like... if I am 23 now, I eat 5 balls = 28 years old! HAHAHA! How Silly. Well that was me when I'm 12 years old!


Tang Yuan

Now I'm the tropica island celebrating this festival. By right you should enjoy a bowl of hot glutinous rice in winter, otherwise we don't called it Winter Solstice Day! But anyway, this is an important day for the chinese around the world in uniting one another.

Meanwhile, I'd like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas Opening! Check out the flash below for a bit of your entertaining! :) Merry christmas, whoever you are, wherever you are. Everyone is welcome here! 2 more days counting.....

Click here to watch the above! part 1


Click here to watch the above! part 2


Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year!
frohe Weihnachten und ein glückliches neues Jahr!
祝你圣诞快乐同麦新年快乐! 永远快乐!

5 Comments:

  • At Friday, December 22, 2006 9:08:00 PM, Blogger PinkPanther said…

    What kind of soup in that Tong Yuan? (Err...in orange color???)

    My mom cooked the traditional (Cantonese style) tong yuan on today too, with brown sugar inside it only.

    Happy Ball Ball Day to you and your family.

    And of course Merry Chrismas in 06 + Happy New year in 07.
    Wishing you receive lots of Gifts.

     
  • At Saturday, December 23, 2006 12:06:00 AM, Blogger Selba said…

    Merry X'mas & Happy N'year 2007!

    I also had tang yuang today :)

     
  • At Saturday, December 23, 2006 12:52:00 AM, Blogger Wayne said…

    Hey thanks girlssssssss!
    u 2 make my day!
    Well I don't have balls today
    because I went shopping nothing!
    ahahhaahah! went yoshinoya for dinner @ 10. omg... havent tried the tang yuan yet.. sob sob...
    the orange tangyuan, the filling are made of Zhi-MA Wu (芝麻胡). It's sold everywhere in any stall in Singapore! I always have day on ordinary day so I think I can skip this ball ball day without swallow it! hahahaha! seeing is believing! lol!

    Merry christmas!

     
  • At Sunday, December 24, 2006 3:29:00 PM, Blogger Mr. Goober said…

    lol, since when become elf??

     
  • At Monday, December 25, 2006 1:11:00 AM, Blogger Wayne said…

    nah... its a sense of greetings! Ain't it cute? LOL!

     

Post a Comment

» Home «