» Home « » About « » POTD « » « 

          Posted on Friday, December 15, 2006

The Christmas Atmosphere

Christmas is one memorable event celebrated each year and most of the time, a reunion with family and love ones; much like a lunch & dinner or something.This is my frist time celebrating christmas over here and need to say, Singapore is just too small for a highly prioritize event like this. Let's say orchard, from head to end you just need to walk an hour to finish the journey. Neat! With the available products sold along the street and booth setup, there's no fear nothing to buy nor eat!



The lightings are set to attract the eye of a million.

I still remember back in China, I went to Shang Xia Jiu (上下九) in ShenZhen, the streets are just fully packed on their Independence day! Neat as well! Tons of cheap stuff sold and of course shop till you drop! Ah, how I wish I got those photos with me to share with you the atmosphere.






Just need to do the comparison of both situations. The currency of course! Food especially plays a major role on both sides and I found it affordable in China compared to SG since the food in Orchard are fairly enough for my stomach. hehe! Eva, expensive. The business district and shopping podium of Singapore are once a well-known with fruit orchards or nutmegs until the early 70s' development of the economy.

Last Sunday I went to the Korean Stimbot in Takashimaya. Food are just normal and with the teriyaki style of course. $16 per pax is not cheap but trying out the food is worthwhile! Overall I gave it 3 stars over 5 because some of the food are expected to be one of it's kind but it tasted plain, let's say ICE KACANG or some meat balls.....



The tall christmas tree in Takashimaya.

Bottom-up

Some deco in Wisma Atria.


As for this christmas season, it rained very often here in Singapore! I just hope they could spray some snow on the roads. HAHA! That'll chill the atmosphere!

Raining Season in South East Asia


Snow flakes on the north

Hope to take more christmas pictures for the loops!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home «