» Home « » About « » POTD « » « 

          Posted on Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Upgrade Kuching?

I bet a lot of Kuching[nese] are desperate for the on-going development of SARAWAK's so called largest, two storey mall,coming our way, in our region. This 700,000sqf structure with 340,000sqf available for sale (shops) could attract tourists attention. Okay. To what extend the tourist will go to Jalan Simpang Tiga whereas Kuching's was contemporary and transportation is another major issue.

Scenario I
A tourist who just arrived Kuching Airport planning to shop in the new mall.


Tourists : "Excuse me sir, could you take me to the mall?"
Taxi Driver : "Yes, ok. Come Come."
After 25 minutes...
Taxi Driver : "Okay, here is the mall."
Tourists : "What? This is the mall? I thought a mall is relatively larger than this building!"
Taxi Driver : "Uh~ Uh~. Ai!! shopping @ Saberkas is the best liao. I shop here for more than 20 years LA."
Tourist : "Sigh."

Scenario II
A rich tourist who just arrived Kuching Airport planning to shop in the new mall.


Tourists : "Excuse me sir, could you take me to the mall?"
Taxi Driver : "Ok. MASUK."
After 18 minutes...
During the journey, the driver dig his nose. The passenger O_O
Taxi Driver : "Okay, here is the mall."
Tourists : "WOW, this is a huge mall, since I last came to kuching 5 years ago."
After 2 hours of shopping...
Tourists : "Where can I take a cab? Man, these shopping bags are heavy and the cabbies are dirty! I see a lot of locals driving their own vehicle. How I wish I have 1."
The tourists decide to take the bus but how would she know which bus to take to city and the bus is too filthy to sit on while there is no MRT around. She have no choice but to call 999 to seek help.

This article was published on June Retail Asia's Magazine.



Click HERE to enlarge (PDF).




Then I noticed a few sentences.


True! Kuching people are mad about shopping I tell you. I have a friend who even go KL's IKEA to buy a cute stool and took all the way from KL-KUCHING with 10 shopping bags. Irene ahem.... AHAHAHAHA! Look at the girls.. RM600-RM700 of cosmetics. Thanks to the MLM A-Z >.> But Malaysians don't really like make up lae (in Singapore) and it's true that Sarawakians AI SUI NIA!


Yes and untill today they realized Kuching people demanding more? On the way of improving ones' lifestyle? 10 shopping centres? Not as shopping centre as I thought! Saberkas? Wisma Hopoh? Wisma Satok? Kuching Plaza, the going-to demolish building, Sarawak Plaza, Tun Jugah (so called modern shopping complex), Kenyalang. Ayuh COMEON. These are limited shopping scums with no variety at all.Klang Valley increased from 51 to 108? WTF? Klang Valley is only a small portion of Kuching and yet there's 108 shopping centres?
Now look back on Kuching's election, would that relect you something?


Yes, a lot a lot a lot! A lot of'em going Singapore and KL to shop. More choices --> Tokyo and Hong Kong for the seasonal sales. Kuching really really really really needs to catch up. You see, peninsular (all states) are so well-invest while we, ???? resources being transferred over for development purpose. Oh please, be fair and equity will them? We're demanding and after all, without Sarawak, there's no KL.

Note : this post are only personal opinions only!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home «